According to ushistory.org, "Virginia would become the first British colony to legally establish slavery in 1661. Maryland and the Carolinas were soon to follow. The only Southern colony to resist the onset of slavery was Georgia, created as an Enlightened experiment. Seventeen years after its formation, Georgia too succumbed to the pressures of its own citizens and repealed the ban on African slavery. Laws soon passed in these areas that condemned all children of African slaves to lifetimes in chains." In 1663 A Virginia courts decided that a child born to a slave mother is also a slave.
When you look at this picture, what do you think life was like for the slaves? How do you think the slave owners felt about the slaves? How do you feel about slavery?
Please include your class code with your response.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeletetest
ReplyDeleteWhen I look at the picture I think that slaves were treated like wild beasts. They got whipped and were property to white people. If they had something(a possession or a child) it was automatically the owners. The life of a slave was horrible and they probably wanted to run away. I think the slave owners felt that the slaves were property and if they did feel bad they forced it out of their minds. I think slavery was a bad idea and still is. Someone can not be owned and you can't beat them if they don't work as hard as you would like them to. Slavery overall was bad and it took a long time to have people realize it.
ReplyDeleteR/B-7
I think that life as a slave would have been terrible.Get your kid taken away!I think the slave owners did not realize they are real people.I think they thought they were like a tool.I fell very strong that slavery is WRONG!
ReplyDeleteTanner K. 16 B/R
I think life was very very very hard for the slaves. I mean woman had to give up their babies and they had to work every hour of the day. They seem very miserable. I think the slave owners felt that the slaves were a disgusting and did not belong in this world. I feel that slavery is very very cruel and there shouldn't be that kind of work in the world. Why don't the people do it their selves, they have hands right? do they have muscles? they should be capable of doing their selves. R/B-1
ReplyDeleteI think that life was very hard and unfair for the slaves. I think the slave owners felt lucky that they had slaves. They wanted everyone to know that they were rich and owned slaves. I do not like slavery because it is unfair to all of the slaves. R/B-#24
ReplyDeleteI think life was really hard for slaves because they were not treated with respect by their owners. I think the slave owners felt lucky and they felt like they needed to brag to everyone.I don't feel good about slavery because honestly that is not okay. I really think that the slaves are treated like abuse pets but even worse.
ReplyDeleteR/B #22
I think that slaves lives were hard and tough. I think that the slave owners didnt care about the slaves. I feel that slavery should never of been created.
ReplyDeleteC.Rathsack #27 R/B
When I looked at the picture I thought that it was hard being a slave back then. I think they were sad and frustrated when they were either whipped or had someone they loved taken away from them. I think the slave owners felt lucky to have slaves that worked for them. That power probably got to their head and that made them treat slaves with horrible respect. When it comes to slavery I feel that it never shouldn't of happened and its a horrible thing. Think of what those poor people had to go through.
ReplyDeleteMorgan Schilling RB-23
I think life was pretty hard for the slaves. First being taken from their families, then forced to work, and not given any credit, but hurt. The slaves were treated very horribly. I think slave owners kind of didn't really care because they were getting work done for free. They probably also felt that they were better than everyone else because they had slaves to do all their work for them. I feel very bad about slavery because it is not fair to treat humans that way. Also because we can do the work ourselves. We do not need to be lazy and either pay them lots or don't have them at all. It is unfair to hurt them physically or mentally especially when they do all of your work for you. If anyone they should be hurting you, not that I'm saying it would be right. All in all slavery is wrong and not a necessity of life unless you are hurt and paying them. Paige R/B #14
ReplyDeleteI feel that life was awful and slavery led to a lifetime of cruel work and being treated as property. Slavery for some slaves might have felt like the only lifestyle but for others they did not think they were being treated right. The slave owners thought slaves were their property they probably felt powerful over them. Slave owners felt like just because they were a different color or from a far away continent it was not wrong to make people be forced into hard labor for no pay. I feel like slavery was very wrong and should not have ever been allowed had I been alive back then my feelings might have been different. But I don't think that people should have been treated so differently for their skin color. Treating people as if they were property was the worst thing about it they had no human rights and had to do the work of animals. Slavery was just about the wrongest thing one of the main reasons for that was because they were torn away from their homes and families to have a long voyage at sea that killed many people. Then they were taken away from hat for a lifetime of cruel work. Slavery was a terrible thing although slave owners felt differently these were the ways Slaves Slave owners and I feel about slavery.
ReplyDeleteR/B #15
When I look at this picture, it shows how horribly the slaves were treated. Even they treated the babies like rag dolls. The white colonists acted as if the black people were robots created exactly for labor. I think the white people that owned slaves felt bad when they really thought about what they were doing, but the profit was so unimaginably great that the money overpowered the horrible treatment. In my opinion slave labor was very wrong and I can't believe people were treated that way under 500 years ago. Now we know not to treat people that way and we all are equal.
ReplyDeleteWhen I look at the picture I think that life was hard for the slaves. I say this because they were taken from their home and were forced to work without pay. In my opinion the slave owners liked having slaves because they didn't have to do any work and they didn't have to pay the slaves for their work. I think that having slaves is completely wrong and slaves shouldn't be aloud in any part of the world.
ReplyDeleteRB-4
When I look at the picture I think the life was difficult for the slaves. It was difficult because the white owners treated then very poorly just because they were black. Also they would take the slaves babies as their own. I think that the slave owners didn't care about the slaves just because they were black. When treated them badly it did not even cross their minds that they were in pain and had been taken away from their families. I do not like slavery at all and I think it should have never even started. Slavery is wrong, and if it were up to me, I don't think it should be allowed in other places of the world either.
ReplyDeleteIsabelle R/B-11
When I look at this picture, I think that being a slave was really hard because the owner would miss-treat you and you would not be able to do anything you wanted enless you wanted to live your life as a slave.One thing that I think is bazaar is that the owners of the slave thought that the slaves were so cool and that it was impressive that they had all of there slaves. I personally think that slavery is the wurst thing in the world. He slavery is pretty much taking someones life and hurting it badly
ReplyDeleteWhen I look at the picture I think that the slaves was scary and sad. I think the slave owners were having the time of their lives. I think slavery was sad, harsh, and unfair. Greyson C. R-B 158 #5
ReplyDeleteI think that slavery is a terrible thing. No human should be forced to work for someone because of their skin color. The picture above truly disgusts me and is a repugnance. Everyone is equal, no matter their skin color. Galatians 3:28 "One is neither Jew or Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
ReplyDeleteLife for a slave would be very hard. Being treated poorly and being abused by someone that "owns" you. Always wanting to escape, dreaming of being free someday, knowing you will work until you die. As I said, no one should have to do such a thing.
-R/B #19
When I looked at the photo I thought life as a slave would be vary hard and sad.
ReplyDeleteI though that owners of slaves did not think of them as people, but a stautus simble and mony. I feel that slavery was vary mean and crule.
R/B #21
Well for me I thought that slavery was very unfair. For the slaves I think that the slaves felt terrible. When my mom asks me to do chores I fell grumpy and mad. Though as slaves they can not complain. In this picture I see the white man holding the baby. For the slaves I can't imagine that. I would be very sad. Though on the other hand, the slave owners probably feel like winners. For the slave owners the become more popular by having slaves. They don't feel the way the slaves do. Last, I feel like slavery is unfair and not necessary.
ReplyDeleteWhen I looked at the picture, I thought the life for the slaves was not free at all and was like torture. Their life was like not having a choice in what to be and how to live. I would feel like I was not the same as the white people. The owner's opinion was that slaves were like animals and all they could do was work. The owners didn't care if the slaves were unhappy, they just kept on making them work. I feel like slavery is cruel and should have never happened in the southern colonies. Slavery is one of the meanest things I have heard about in social studies.
ReplyDeleteI think slavery was horrible. I think the slave owners felt bad because they were buying real live people. I think slavery should have been abandond.
ReplyDeleteSlaves lives were very painful and hard. Judging from the picture I think that slaves were whipped alot. Some slave owners were probably very sad about slaves. I think that many slave owners did not think of slaves as real people. - Anna
ReplyDeletewhat I think life was like for a slave not a good life way to live life. How I think the slave owner felt about there slave is like they did not matter in life not something that is worthy to be on earth only to serve them. They are so much space not he world but not enough for the slave. They are so diffrent from us almost from a diffrent world.I feel that slaves are the same as anyone else and are eguell.
ReplyDeleteWhen I look at this picture, I think life was very bad for the slaves. The were treated very badly. I do not think the owners thought very much of the slaves. I feel that slavery was a very bad thing. I can not believe that Americans had people tot do their work for them and then treat them so awfully. R/B 12
ReplyDeletetest
ReplyDeletetest
ReplyDeleteI think life was very very very harsh for the slaves. I think the slave owners thought yeah, animals that work for free. I feel that slavery was a horrible thing that could have saved thousands of lives if it was prevented.
ReplyDeleteI think that slavery was a terrible time because people didn't have freedom. I think that the slave owners don't really care because the work is being done for them. I think life for the slaves was hard because kids can't have a normal childhood and the people weren't treated right. If they did something wrong the slave was whipped.
ReplyDeleteI think life for the slaves was torturous. They were treated so terribly and could only do things under the slave owner's orders. They had no right to do anything, had no friends, and all they did was work. I don't think the slave owners really cared about the slaves or their feelings. They treated them like dirt, and like they were not important. They were all treated like they were a bunch of robots that could only work and felt no pain. Even though slavery is wrong, if we were to have slaves again, I think they should be treated better, like you would treat anybody else. I don't think slavery is fair or right in anyway. Its not right to make people do your work for you with no pay, and its even worse to treat them like they have no emotions or feelings. If I had the chance to have a slave, I wouldn't. That is because it is unfair and just plain wrong. I wouldn't like it if I were a slave even If I was treated nicely. If they need work done, they should do it themselves.
ReplyDeleteI think that slavery is a bad thing that should never have been used as a way to do things faster such as farming. I do think that the slaves thought of it as a horable thing to but they must have also thought that they should run away. The slave owners must have thought of them as their property and did not feel bad. although there must have been a few slave owners who felt bad but they kept them for farming and doing other things. There also must have been those people who just kept their slaves because they were just mean and cruel. Over all I think that slavery is a bad thing.
ReplyDeleteI think life would have been very bad for the slaves. It probably would almost be worse than death. Some slave owners probably would have felt guilty about it. Some slave owners probably thought Africans were lesser than them. I feel like slavery is stupid. I mean, everyone deserves to have some rights.
ReplyDelete-S3
I think life for the slaves was not good. I felt that the slave owners thought that the slaves were like a parishioner to them. How I fell about slavery, is that it was very bad
ReplyDelete1. I think life would be horrible for the slaves based on the picture. Every day they have to work for cruel land owners and had no say in it at all. If they did something wrong, it looks like they will get whipped just because they made a mistake. That dosen't make sense, because they like all people should have been free and they are actual people even though white folks treated them terribly. 2. I don't think the slave owners cared about the slaves at all, and they just thought they were people ment to work, and were less qualifying just because of the color of there skin. The salve owners probably thought they were just an accident and it could be fixed by making them work and not allowing them to have a say at all. 3. I think slavery was the worst idea that the USA has ever come up with, which is saying a lot. If I were back in slavery times, I would have stood up for the colored and made sure no one was mean to them. I would also never hire a slave, but attempt to make other whites believe what I did. After all, blacks are just the same as whites.
ReplyDeleteI think life was hard for the slaves because they had to serve there king and do whatever they were told to do.I think they felt like they ruled them because they would beat them and there was nothing they could do to stop it.I think slavery is not cool because people are getting bossed around by people when they just want to live a happy life but instead they are forced to do stuff for people even if they don't want to and they get beat for no reason.
ReplyDeleteFor the slaves, I think life was hard. to work all day and all and only serve others must have been hard. To work all day and have your child be in chains would be sad and worrisome. Slave owners probably thought there slaves deserved what they were getting even though they didn't deserve it at all. They probably thought there slaves in misery and sad but the owners didn't care. I think slavery is an awful treacherous thing. I feel slavery should have never happened and that it is just cruel
ReplyDeletething. These are my responses and what I think.
When I look at the picture above I think that the slaves had it pretty dang hard. When the British came to the capture slaves they had no power to stop them from what they were doing. They had to work all the time no matter what the conditions also they weren't fed very well. If they didn't do their work right or on time they were whipped. I think slavery is very unfair and I was very glad it got stopped. The British probably thought that it was okay to have slaves and the slaves were made for this because they had a different tone of skin.. The slaves thought it was very unfair and the British didn't have a clue because they were never going to be treated like that. I think slavery is also very wrong and I am mad that it is going on in some parts of the world. In our country though, it is all gone, think, now our president is black.
ReplyDeleteWhen I Looked at the picture above I thought that life for slaves was really hard and that everything they did they had to do was for the white men and they always had to be really careful of what they did. I don't think that the slave owners really cared about their slaves and thought of them as their property. I also think that the white men treated the slaves very badly if the slaves did something the white men did not like. Sometimes I think that someone actually cared about the slaves and did something t save their lives like help them escape or give them a little extra food. I think that the time in our history when slaver was made a law was a really sad time in your history and that we should learn from it to treat everyone equally.
ReplyDeleteBy S27
1: When I look at that picture, it makes me feel like the slaves life was rough. I can't imagine being salve. It looks tough. 2: I think the slave owners felt bad for the slaves. Getting all beat up. But sometimes, I think they won't really care for them. 3: I think slavery is bad. It never should of happened. Just let them be free. It's dumb.
ReplyDelete1) I think that life as a slave would be hard, and it would be hard to do all the work with someone "eyeing you like a eagle looking for pray."
ReplyDelete2) I think the owners would not feel bad that they where keeping the slaves because, other people where doing it to.
3) I feel bad that anyone would keep people as slaves, just because of there skin color.
1. Life for slaves must have been brutal and miserable. People threatening to kill you if you didn't do your work, Some random person taking your baby and kids. Also everyone will always whip and torcher you. Kind of like being prisoner.
ReplyDelete2.I think the slave owners felt kind of bad for the slaves but they continue slavery for money and doing better in the economic system.
3. I feel horrible about slaver because it is like keeping an innocent person in jail, having them work for no pay.
4.
I think life would be horrible back then and I wish slavery was never even a real thing or not even a word or thing! It must been terrifying to get toner away from your family and never see your family again! And I feel horrible about what people did to slaves!
ReplyDeleteWhat I think what life was like for slaves I think it was very very very very very very hard for them. I think slave owners didn't really care about the slaves I think the slave owners thought as long as i get my work done i don't care about them. I think that there never should have been slavery it would be scary to be taken away from your family.
ReplyDeleteI think life as a slave is hard. In the picture it looks harshful and hard to live like that. I can imagine having a child being a slave. I'm glad life is not like that anymore. But still those other people were getting treated bad and still could of died from those people. If life was still like that, I think it would be bad. Sombody would have to stand up to them and stop. But however thats over, least it is.
ReplyDeleteI think life was terrible for the slaves, as being forced to work an entire day for their lives would not be fun. I think most slave owners couldn't care less about their slaves. To most slave owners, the Africans are probably just like a living machine. Most slave owners no feeling or sympathy for the slaves. They probably thought of them as just another pawn in their steps to making money. Slave owners were probably also too busy to care about their slaves, and they also probably didn't want to care, because as long as they were making money, anything was okay with them. Slavery was a awful thing to do to Africans. Life was probably bad enough in Africa, but too be sentenced to a life of working for no pay? What an awful thing. But, slavery also led to the prosperity of our country. Slaves helped farmers make money and thrive in the south.
ReplyDeleteI think life for the slaves was hard. I don't think they deserve the treatment that they get just for doing all of the slave owner's work. The slave owners probably thought the slaves were just people that they can boss around. I don't think that the slave owners liked the slaves very much. In my opinion, I think slavery was sad. Slaves were just regular people just with different colored skin. They work all day and if they forget even 1 thing, they get punished. All in all, I think slavery is a bad thing. I'm glad that we have a law against it. This just proves how lazy some people can be.
ReplyDeleteI think that slaver is the worst idea ever it is not fair for someone to come to your country and take you away to go and work for no money and get hit by a slave owner but salve owners must have been happy because they have people that they can get them what ever they want and not pay them it is completely stupid to enslave someone.Being a slave must stink and if I were a salve my life would be just work and no fun.I feel really bad for salves at that time in history and Again I feel that slaver is the most stupid and the worst idea ever.The last thing I'm going to say that humans are not robots they should not live to serve someone.
ReplyDeleteI think the slaves felt mistreated and thought it was unfair. Owners probably felt bad but because the slaves did the work to owners looked the other way. There should never be slaves! Owners were mean!!!
ReplyDeleteI think that life for the slaves was a very terrible experience for the slaves because they were forced to do what ever their owner wanted them to do.
ReplyDeleteThat picture shows that the slaves were not treated well at all. The slave owners probably thought that the slaves are like we think of insects or things like that -nothing with no life at all. I think slavery is terrible. H-23
ReplyDeleteI think that slavery is bad. Being a slave is a very bad thing many people being whipped and not payed to do other peoples work. This is defiantly a very unfair and jerky thing to do.
ReplyDeleteI think that life was hard for the slaves because they got beaten and they had to work for no money. I also think that life was hard for the slave because they barely got to eat. I think that the slave owners felt really good about having slaves because they didn't have to work or pay money. I think that slavery was a very bad thing because it wasn't fair to the slaves that they just took them from their home towns.
ReplyDeleteI think that slavery is bad. Being a slave is a very bad thing many people being whipped and not payed to do other peoples work. This is defiantly a very unfair and jerky thing to do.
ReplyDeleteI think that life was very hard for them and that they were always looking for times to escape. I also think that the slave owners think of their slaves as a person or even a thing that does their work for them and that they are different because of their skin color. They think that it is not bad if they hit them or hurt them because they are different.
ReplyDeleteFor the slaves, I bet that they felt that it was so unfair that they would have to leave their family behind. The slave owners thought of the slaves as their own pets so they could treat them how ever they wanted to. I would hate to be a slave because they would have to work a long time through harsh treatment and very hard work. If I had the chose to stop slavery I would any day of my life. Slaves are treated very bad. That is why I do not like slavery
ReplyDeleteLooking at this picture I can tell that life for slaves was difficult. The people (owners) looked very abusive. One of the owners has a baby in his hand acting like it was an object, not a human. I think the slave owners thought that slaves were just things that did work for them, they didn't view them as equal people.The slaves look worried and afraid. I feel that slavery was wrong. African Americans were stripped of their rights and treated as property. They were treated horribly just because of their color. Overall, this photo shows how abusive slave owners were and how slaves had to endure everything they were given. I strongly disagree with the idea of slavery. H-24 Peter
ReplyDeleteLooking at this picture the slaves look worried and afraid. The slave owners look abusive. One of the owners is holding a baby like it is an object, not a human. One person was kneeling in front of the owners, taking a whipping. Slaves weren't allowed to rebel or have any say in their treatment. The group of slaves in the back look they are cowering in fear. Life for slaves would've been very difficult and rugged. I think slave owners looked at slaves as things who did work, not people. Slaves had little to no rights, and they had to endure all the pain they were given. I believe that slavery was wrong. People were abused and enslaved just because of their color, and their was nothing they could do about it. Overall, slaves were treated as property and had no rights. I highly oppose the idea of slavery. #H-24
ReplyDeleteWhen I look at the picture i see that life for these African american is complicated because they get captured and go to a new place with new people that they never met. If I was the slave owner I will feel good because a bought a slave that would do my work for me. How do would I feel about slavery....... how do I feel about slavery? I feel that slavery is dumb because they do your work then they don't get to be free? Slavery is dumb because they get bought like they are some sort of item. One day, one day I would like to asked the English that bought the African american a question "Would you like to be a slave captured away from your family and now look at your slave and wonder how hard it was for them and now what do you think about slavery? -Ryan #11
ReplyDeleteWhen I look at this picture, I believe that the slave owners did not care about what happend to the slaves. They probably did not think that the slaves were true poeple because of their skin color. I think life for a slave would be hard. They would be beaten and would never get their way. I would not enjoy being a slave. I think that slavery is very harsh and is not a good thing. I believe that no matter what your skin color is, you are equally important and equally treated as everybody else.- Emma H-4
ReplyDeleteWhen I look at this picture I think that life was hard for the slaves. They were being ripped apart from their family's and they didn't have more rights then a dog. Also, I don't think the salve owners even cared about the slaves in the least. Even though they probably knew this was morally wrong all they could focus on was the money. I feel that slavery is horribly and anyone who has or had a slave should be fined $1000000 and sentenced to a life of prison. Slavery is a horrible thing and I'm glad that most of it is over and illegal. Belle H/5
ReplyDelete1. I think life as a slave was depressing, bloody, and angry.
ReplyDelete2. I think slave owners felt as if they could boss their slaves around and beat them up...FOR FREE!!
3. I wish slavery never happened and the separation between whites and blacks was never a problem.
-Coby Fox
1. I think life as a slave was harsh, bloody, and depressing
ReplyDelete2. I think slave owners felt that they could boss, hurt, and torture their slaves
3. I wish the separation between blacks and whites never happened
- Coby Fox
I think that back then of the lifes of the slaves was awful because they didnt get to speak, like they couldnt say it was bad or something if they did they would be wiped. Also they wernt aloud to read or write if they did their arm wold be cut or leg! Next Slave owners probaly felt that it was okay because they were differnt, they had differnt skin. Last i feel that slavery was a awful thing slaves would be sepperated from there familys imagen if you were sepperated from your familys.
ReplyDeleteI think that life was very hard for a slave because of the labor and the conditions they were in. In think that the slave owners were very happy because they where making a profit.I feel that slavery is wrong because it treats people very crulely.
ReplyDeletei think that life of the slaves hurt.I think the owners liked not paying the slaves.I think slavery is bad RY-5
ReplyDeleteskylar del duca
I think that life was very hard for a slave because of the labor and the conditions they were in. In think that the slave owners were very happy because they where making a profit.I feel that slavery is wrong because it treats people very crulely.
ReplyDeleteI think that life was very hard for a slave because of the labor and the conditions they were in. In think that the slave owners were very happy because they where making a profit.I feel that slavery is wrong because it treats people very crulely.
ReplyDeleteI think that life for a slave would be harsh and cruel. They were probally beatean and starved to death. I think that the plantaton owners probally thought they were better than the slaves and made them do a lot of pain full things.
ReplyDeleteI think that slavery is a bad thing and that people should not be proud to have slaves working for them.
I think that from the picture that life was very sad and unfair and that they were mean
ReplyDeleteSlavery was cruel. If the slaves stood up for them selves, they would have even crueler punishment. If I were a slave owner, I would feel bad because I would be torturing a living human. I hope that is how the real slave owners felt. Over all, slavery is a cruel treatment. That ia why we no longer have slavery any more.
ReplyDeleteI think life for the slaves had many challenges to face. I do not think that the slave owners fed them poorly and not to often, gave them little if any space to live and treated them hardly. I think that the slave owners saw the slaves as a cheap easy labor that did not have to pay. I see slavery as a horrible act at the time. It seemed like they did not see the slaves as human being> if I had a choice I would turn down the choice right away. Oscar RY 12
ReplyDelete1. I think life was really bad. It must of been really harsh with your owners beating you if you are not prefect.
ReplyDelete2.I think the owners had no hart and thought of them as working machines. They were treated like dirt.
3. I feel that it was harsh, cruel and terrible. I wish it had never happened. It was a thing of the worst.
RY #13
I think it would be horrible to be a slave because to be bossed around and treated with weapons that would hurt you.
ReplyDeleteThe owners of the slaves probaly felt pretty good about having someone doing there labor for free.
I think that slavery was a bad idea because slaves would not be able to to what they wanted to.
I think that the slave owners felt that they can push them till they can't do it and they think that the slaves are not working hard but they really hard so the slave owners think that they can just wip them into shape.
ReplyDeleteWhat I think about slavery is that it is not right and I think everyone should be treated with respect even if they don't have a lot of money or are a different color so it think it is very rude.
ReplyDeleteI think slaves were miss treated then. Also if they didn't do their work they got beat? That's just mean and inhuman. If I owned a slave I would try to treat them as fair as I could.
ReplyDeleteRy-21
As a slave I think it would be hard, tough, and hurtful. I think this because you do not get treated as well as you did and you would get hurt if you did what you we not supposed to do. All in all, I think it would be hard, tough, and hurtful as a slave.
ReplyDeleteI think a slave owner is mean but might be nice to his friends and family. I think this because when we read about slaves it says the slaves were not treated well. The slave owner also hurts the slave if they do something wrong. In conclusion, I think a slave owner is nice to friends and family but is mean to slaves.
I think slavery is wrong. Slavery killed a lot of African Americans on the plantations and on the Merchant ships. It was sad during slavery because the slaves were traded for guns and fabric. In the America's the slaves were traded for crops witch were taken to Europe. To end, I think slavery is wrong.
I think that life was horrible for slaves. Even though they were fed, the portions were so small that they could probably eat three portions and still be hungry. Also their clothes were horrible. They practically wore rags! The slave owners probably barely cared about the slaves. If one slave died, they would go out and buy another. Some owners were sort of nice, though. They would let the slaves earn freedom. Maybe if the slaves paid them $20 a month they could be "free". I feel that slavery is utterly and completely wrong. Having people work for you is completely fine. Forcing them to work without pay is not fine. If someone wants to run a plantation, pay workers to harvest the crops, not slaves. Slavery wasn't the answer then, and won't ever be. H-26
ReplyDeleteI think life was terrible, brudall, and painful for the slaves. I really think that the slave owners didint care what happend to them at all. I fell that it never should have happend ever. I think that it is stupid and ronge. The only reasone why I would buy a slave is so I can take good care of them.
ReplyDeleteI think that life as a slave was pretty bad by just looking at this picture. In this picture it shows the Europeans capturing the slaves with hand cuffs and another slave begging for its child and about to be whipped. I think that some slave owners liked having people work for them and not pay them. I also think that some other slave owners did not like the idea of capturing people but still went along with it because it was profitable. I feel like slavery is wrong. I feel this way because hand cuffing people, putting them on a ship, selling them to land owners, and not paying them to work for you is not right.
ReplyDeleteI think that life as a slave was pretty bad by just looking at this picture. In this picture it shows the Europeans capturing the slaves with hand cuffs and another slave begging for its child and about to be whipped. I think that some slave owners liked having people work for them and not pay them. I also think that some other slave owners did not like the idea of capturing people but still went along with it because it was profitable. I feel like slavery is wrong. I feel this way because hand cuffing people, putting them on a ship, selling them to land owners, and not paying them to work for you is not right.
ReplyDeleteBy looking at this picture, I think a slave's life was pretty bad. In this picture there are people who are hand cuffed and are going to get on a ship to take them to America. Then there is a person begging for there child and is about to be whipped. I think that some slave owners felt good about slavery because they had people taking care of their farms for free. I also think that some slave owners did not like the idea of slavery but still took part in it because it was profitable. I feel like slavery is wrong. I feel like slavery is wrong because it is just capturing people, putting them on a ship, selling them, then having them work for you without being paid.
ReplyDeleteWhen I look at that picture, all I can think about is how cruel the English were to the black people, and how they could treat a person so badly just for having a different skin color. The slaves were probably feeling terrible. Some of the slave owners might have thought that slavery was inhuman, and cruel, but the majority of them thought it was fine to treat them like that. They probably just kept thinking about their profit.I think slavery was one of the worst eras that the Africans went through, just like when Birmingham, Alabama was very segregated.
ReplyDeleteWhen I look at this picture I think the lives for a slave were complicated and harmful. They were treated differently from everyone else and were treated like they didn't have any feelings. I think the owners felt that the slaves were slaves and were weak and they were different and that didn't flow with the english settlers. I feel that slavery is cruel. I mean would treated like someone who was built to work but wasn't? I sure wouldn't. When I learned about this I was disgusted with what they did to them so obviously you can tell I am on the slaves side.
ReplyDeleteH-9
When I look at this picture I think that the slaves had a complicated and harmful life. the were treated like well, slaves. they were treated like they didn't have any feelings. I think the slave owners felt that they owned those slaves, that they were meant to work. I feel that slavery is cruel and unloyal. I mean would like to be treated like you were built to work? I wouldn't. They were different and that didn't flow with the english settlers.
ReplyDelete( H-5 #12 ) When I look at this picture, I think life was very hard for the slaves. It breaks my heart to see this. It basically is like getting ripped away from your family and then you never get to see them again. That would hurt maybe not just on the outside but in the inside. How do I think the slave owners felt about the slaves and taking them? I think they only cared about themselves. They really didn't care what happened to the slaves because the 3 way trade was so profitable. Apparently, all you have to do is give the slave to a person that “needs the help”. It seems like nobody thought it was wrong. But I feel that slavery is wrong and cruel. Don’t people care about other people? I mean in the picture, it looks like the slave is pleading for his baby and the tall man is about to whip him to death. I also think it is wrong for a child born to a slave mother to also be a slave. Why make them do all this work and arrest them? ( Note to people ) They didn't do anything wrong!
ReplyDelete( H-5 #12 ) When I look at this picture, I think life was very hard for the slaves. It breaks my heart to see this. It basically is like getting ripped away from your family and then you never get to see them again. That would hurt maybe not just on the outside but in the inside. How do I think the slave owners felt about the slaves and taking them? I think they only cared about themselves. They really didn't care what happened to the slaves because the 3 way trade was so profitable. Apparently, all you have to do is give the slave to a person that “needs the help”. It seems like nobody thought it was wrong. But I feel that slavery is wrong and cruel. Don’t people care about other people? I mean in the picture, it looks like the slave is pleading for his baby and the tall man is about to whip him to death. I also think it is wrong for a child born to a slave mother to also be a slave. Why make them do all this work and arrest them? ( Note to people ) They didn't do anything wrong!
ReplyDeleteThe slaves must have had no comment about anything. They couldn't suggest anything either. The slaves must have missed their family if they were left in Africa or sold to another person. The slave owners must have felt a little bad but ignored that fact. The slave owners probably got used to having slaves and started to not care about the slaves family. Slavery should have never happened yet if there wasn't we might not have learned this lesson but i still don't approve at all.
ReplyDeleteAva Jones Ry-5
I think that it would be very hard to be a slave for a number of reasons. To set an example, You had to work all day in the hot sun, with no water as the elements beat down on your bodies. Because of the owners actions, slaves also had harsh living conditions that made life hard. It was always hard being a slave because slaves were separated from their family. They had no way of contacting them, which must have been hard on their emotions. As stated here, slaves had a hard life, which makes me appreciative that slavery was demolished.
ReplyDeleteSlave owners are a big influence in slavery. Most importantly, how they felt, because no one may consider this. A slave owner may have felt that they were doing something right, because slave trading was profitable. Most people may not stop to think what they are doing, just because they are making money. Slave owners may also have felt guilty. The slave that was working on their plantation may have been something that they inherited, so they had no choice whether they could set the person free or not. This may surprise you, but some owners may have felt pride. In the colonies, there were some people that felt that slavery was right, so these owners may have felt proud that they were standing up for what they believed in. As you have may already realized, slave owners felt many feelings, maybe even mixed feelings, just they had one thing in common, they very much effected the outcome of America's history.
There are many people in this world that are effected by slavery, and I have to agree with some of their feelings. But why not? I feel that slavery should have never started in the first place, it was unnecessary. If our country did not us African slaves, this whole debacle would have never started. Equally important, I feel that slavery was cruel to the slaves. They had no choice, taken from their home and forced to work. In my opinion, it is unimaginable. Also important, it was unfair. When only some states eliminated slavery, why not just eliminate it fully? It was just not fair to everyone. Clearly, I have strong feelings against slavery, whether others agree with me or not.
I think the life of a slave would be horrible. They would get whipped, had to work the whole day and if you had kids they would have to live their life as a slave. What
ReplyDeleteI think the slave owners thought that what they were doing was right. They did not feel bad do anything just forced people to work for the lives. So I thought that the slave owners did not feel guilty but good. Last I think slavery is stupid. Know one should of created it. Its just hurting people not making life better. So I do not approve. RY-1
When look at that picture, I think that life for slaves was very complicated and of hard work. Slaves often got whipped if they did not. follow exact orders. Life for the slaves was mainly work. Like I said before, whipping was very often and slaves would get tied to something (usually a tree) and whipped. Slave owners were racist and thought that slaves should be punished if they did not do the work correctly. Most of the slave owners were racists and were cruel to the slaves. Slave owners didn't care what happened to the slaves, as long as they made profit and did their work. In 1663 Virginia made a law that if your mother or father was a slave, then you were a slave also. I feel that slavery is very wrong and that human beings shouldn't be up for sale. Racism was common in the 1600's and I feel that somebody shouldn't be treated differently because of their skin color. That's like being judge if you had green eyes instead of blue or brown eyes. Whipping is a sore subject to me and to think that people actually did this breaks my heat. RY-16
ReplyDeleteI think life for the slaves was tough. You had to work all day with no pay and also get whipped. I'm lucky I am not a slave. I think slave owners were happy and mad with their slaves sometimes. When the slaves are working hard the owners are happy. When the slaves are working poorly the owners are mad. I do not like slavery one bit. It is unfair that people get treated so poorly and work so hard. The thing that makes me dislike it more is that they don't even get paid for their hard work. I don't like slavery one bit.
ReplyDeleteI think a life of slavery would be horrilble. The owner is wiping one of the slaves in the picture. I think that owners just think as slaves as little pity nothings and they do not think as them as humans. I think that slavery is a horrible thing and that it should have never happend.
ReplyDeleteI think that life as a slave would be horrible. The owners probably just thought the slaves were little pity things. I think that slavery was a horrible thing and it is embarrassing to ever think that america was like that.
ReplyDeleteWhen I look at this picture I feel like life for the salves was a terrible experience for them, because they were forced to do whatever their owner wanted them to do. The salve's owner probably didn't feel bad at all because they had somebody in their hands that will work for them. They also can take their anger out on the slave. For example up on they picture the owner is whipping the slave. I feel that just because you have a different skin color doesn't mean that you have to slave around for someone that has white skin.
ReplyDeleteKatie Steigerwald H-27
I think it was a very hard life for the slaves, and very painful also. Next, I think the slave owners did not care very much for the slaves. I feel very bad about slavery I wish it never happened. H1
ReplyDeleteI think life as a slave would be very hard. For example in the picture the slave is getting beaten by a whip. This is brutal and extremely painful. If I was an owner of a slave or slaves back then I would feel a bit bad but I would also like it because I am getting money and I don't have to pay the workers. They do feel bad though but as said in the social studies book the owners do feel bad but they put it behind them because of the money he is making. I would be an opponent to slavery if I lived back then. It is wrong and cruel. It is like making your friend do something but don't do something in return. It is like that for the slaves and it can go on for their entire lives. Cruel isn't it? Slaves or not they are both the same. They are both humans. Another example is that its like when you are a captain in a game and you only pick people that are tall or fast. The other people might be just as good. This relates because they thought whites were superior and slaves or black people are not. In truth they are equal. Picture this that you only get enough food to live or maybe you get too little food. You were just separated from your family maybe forever. And you are forced to work all day non stop. Maybe even the night. What would you do? Would you just stay there and work until you die or will you fight back and most likely get whipped and hurt. They both aren't that good but you have to do one of them. I hope you think the same way I do about slavery and that it should have never started because if they paid workers in goods or something like that they would buy stuff and then other people would use that stuff to maybe buy something from you that is how they could have made money. So good thing slavery stopped.
ReplyDeleteThe slaves lives must have been horrible. They wouldn't have any say on anything. The slave owners must have felt a little bad but over the years they became to not care about the slaves lives. Slavery is a bad thing. It is not fair in the rights of people.~ Ava
ReplyDeleteThe slaves lives must have been horrible. They had no say whatsoever. The slave owners must have felt bad at first but then got over it. Slavery is a bad thing. It offens other people.
ReplyDeleteSlavery is a horrible thing, and I would definitely not want to be a slave, working my whole life. But I would rather be a slave then to be a slave owner, having guilt follow me everywhere. I think slavery and even indentured servants should be banished.If I were a slave, I would run away, escape, or go insane.RY-4
ReplyDeleteI think life was horrible for the slaves because there was all the work that they did with very little sleep. I say the slave owners felt the best they had ever because of the very little work that he would do. Also not thinking about all the work they did for him. I feel that slavery was cruel and so it never should of happened. That was what i thought about slavery.
ReplyDeleteI think life was realy hard for the slaves because the were doing all the work for the poeple. I think the slave owners felt happy about the slaves because the slaves were doing all the work for the slave owners. I think slavery is realy bad because the slaves are doing work all day and all the slave owners do is sit around and watch also the slave owners are using real people to trade for crops and i think thats realy bad because who wants anyone trading them for crops.
ReplyDeleteI life for the slaves was uneventful, sad, dispiriting, and painful. Working every day, all day, in blazing sun, howling winds, and torrential winds couldn't have been easy or enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteOf course, the slave owners probably tried hard not to interact with the slaves, except to feed them just enough to live. Not having to pay the laborers that they cruelly treated was a huge benefit, and they took advantage of it.
I think that slavery was one of the worst things this country ever paritcipated in. If the Constitution could have spoken to the slave owners, I think it would have said,"Are you people even giving me a thought as you take part in this human abuse you call slavery?" - RY-14
I think that the slaves had a terrible life just hoping to get free. The slave owners probably didn't feel bad at all about what they were doing to these people. I would never want to be a slave. H-11
ReplyDeleteI think life was cruel and unjust for the slaves. They were injured and taken poor care of. Any child born to a slave mother was automatically a slave by birth, but that wasn't the worst part. The journey to plantations was horrid; they were chained together by the hundreds, and shipped in the hull of the boat to the places they were needed. Many supposedly dies from lack of fresh air. Many considered suicide, and others got sick. The slave owners probably felt the slaves were meant to serve them without pay, and that the slaves were not worthy of being independent. Some probably felt badly for the slaves and almost reconsidered the slave trade, but it made such a profit that they did not think it needed much thought. I think the slave trade was not right; people captured other black people because they did not feel bad capturing someone they did not know. H-5
ReplyDeleteThis picture reminds me of whipping and that slaves didn't have the same rights as the white free men had. I think the slave owners didn't care what happened to the slaves because they were black so they didn't care. I don't like slavery because every one should have their own feelings and right.
ReplyDelete